Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Machine Cycle of The KLETZ.

Tonight the wait in the Kletz was about an hour. The cycle is easy: You place your order. They cook your order. You pay for your order, you get your food. This wasn't the case tonight, the wait was ridiculously long and our orders were forgotten. There's the girl who writes down what you want. Lets call her Fetch. She gives the instructions of what we want to Mr. Decode who then passes the note to Mr. Execute who makes me my cheese quesadilla. It shouldn't be that hard. But, it turns out when half the student body wants food, orders are going to be slower. If only we had another decoder and executor (cough pipeline cough.) Or, even another whole system with another Miss Fetch (core.) Well, sure, it would be more expensive, but it would sure be a lot faster!

On a different note, I really like Two and a Half Men. It's a fantastic show. I use mega video to view the episodes, and its awesome.... at home. Here, the internet is slow. Everyone's downloading stuff, and it takes FOREVER to load- especially after dinnertime. So, I'll blame it on the bandwidth (or the capacity of the transfer rate.) So, I'm assuming since Hope is a pretty rich school, it's not that we're not buying enough "bandwidth" .. its that the freshmen are using all of it up. You can definitely tell the difference. Get online at 7 am and you're in clear sailing for unlimited Two and a Half Men. 10 pm is a different story. Hm, I'm pretty sure there's a way to allow only a certain amount of bandwidth through a computer in a given time period... maybe this should be a new rule for Freshmen..

No comments:

Post a Comment