-Luke Ibach
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Music and Life at Hope
Being someone who loves music, I thought that learning how MP3 files are stored/represtented was really interesting. I had heard the term MIDI before but I never knew what it really was. I learned that MIDI is an encoding system known as Musical Instrument Digital Interface. I see MIDI used all the time in everyday life. This system can be heard at Nykerk through an electronic keyboard, a video game sound track, or all those annoying ring tones people have on their cell phones. I have noticed that the keyboard player in the chapel band uses a synthesizer that most likely has multiple different audio samples that use MIDI. MIDI encoded audio files can be stored much efficiently than many other audio files. I think that is why I can have so many songs on my Ipod. I also use optical storage systems very often. I spend a lot of money on music so, I have big library of cds. I have most of my music on my computer, so I store my MP3s on a flash drive or my external hard drive to back up my itunes. That way I don't lose all my music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment