Sunday, September 19, 2010

Flash Drives!

Chapter one focuses on how computers store, interpret and send information within the computer, using bytes. Most students at hope college have their own laptop computers that they work on daily, for hours at a time. My personal computer has 2GB of memory space and I have used an external hard drive to back up my computer.
Weekly, I use flash drives around campus to save information and transport it from one location to the next. Flash drives become especially helpful for class projects. Owning a Mac computer, I often have to work on power point presentation at other locations around campus. Since I do not work on these projects in one sitting, it is imperative that I save my work on a flash drive so I can then work on it later at a new computer. Flash drives are also very useful because they do not become easily damaged like CDs or DVDs and load and store information in a fast manor. Electronic signals from the flash memory system are sent to tiny chambers of silicon dioxide, changing the set up of small electronic circuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment