Saturday, September 18, 2010

Connections made between Chapter One and Hope College

Throughout the course of Chapter One, we have been taught numerous concepts pertaining to pixels, and distorted pictures etc. We have not only taken a textual look at these areas, but also had hands on experience with dealing with these elements in our lab class. When we started learning about pixels in Computer Science, it made me realize how much goes behind showing what I thought was a simple picture on the internet. I never realized how each color was represented and how the picture was able to look blurry or clear. When I look around Hope College, I see many memories captured through pictures in Hallways, roommates remembering their friends through displaying pictures on their desks, and then the pictures in text books that display visual representations of the text we were assigned to read. As you can see, pictures are all around Hope College. Now that I've learned about pixels and colors and how much it takes for a computer to store and represent these pixels, I appreciate photos that much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment