Wednesday, September 15, 2010

memory at hope- Nick Van Loo

Nick Van Loo
CSCI
In class and In the lab we have learned much about data storage. My connection ot Hope life is the gigantic amount of memory the servers must have here at Hope. With all the seperate departments, classes, professors, and students all with their own email address and personal information it is just unbelievable. Each students class schedules alone must take up an incredible amount of space. Im intersetd to know if there is a room here at Hope that just has rows and rows of memory storage technology, like you see on TV in all the big companies. My guess is yes because otherwise how else would they be able to store and access all the information that goes onto these servers in an entire semester. These new things that I have learned in class have given me great respect for the tecnology itself, and even greater respect for all the tech people that maintain and fix anything that goes wrong. A around the clock job I'm sure. From what I've heard there has not been mistakes at all in scheduling or problems with the computers. All in all I'm in utter amazement at the state of technology at Hope, from the email accounts to the more serious stuff it is truley amazing how much goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment