Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Networks

This chapter related a lot to my life as a college student here at Hope College. When ever I need to get onto the internet I use networks. But thats not the only relationship. Networks are like my groups of friends that I have. These groups overlap, for example some of my pull friends live in Durfee with me which is another set of friends. The Durfee group overlaps with some of my friends that I had in high school that are from around here. If I want to get a message to someone outside of the group that I am directly interating with, I can just "send it down the line". For example; If I am with my pull friends, I can ask one of them that also lives in Durfee to tell one of my high school friends that also lives in Durfee something. This works a lot like networks and how one layer sends it out to another and so on.

This chapter also talked about security. This relates to how everyone that goes to Hope needs to input their number and swipe their code to get into a building. This is much like the security we learned about, Hope needs to establish that the people trying to get into the building are who they say they are, a Hope student.

No comments:

Post a Comment